LaunchBox Community Forums

Resident Evil 2 Sound Pack (PS1) 1.0.0

(1 review)

1 Screenshot

About This File

A sound pack I have created using sounds from Resident Evil 2 on the PS1. Does not include a startup sound, as I made this intended for a playlist.

This one is another one of my personal favorites!

I found the sounds on this YouTube channel here:

https://www.youtube.com/@GameSoundEffects

Edited by drmalouf

• Unusual Gem 2

User Feedback

You may only provide a review once you have downloaded the file.

Cineaste

· Edited by Cineaste

2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

Great work, thanks! This goes perfectly with my Resident Evil playlist:

Is it possible to define a sound pack per playlist?

Response from the author:

Of course! Glad you enjoy it.

And yes, it is possible to make individual playlists have unique sounds. It took me a while to figure out, but hopefully this explains how.
You have to go into a theme's folder and create a "Sounds" folder within it. Within the "Sounds" folder, create another folder with the EXACT name of the playlist or platform. Then drag the appropriate sounds (Your .Wav files) into that folder! It will only work with the theme you add it to however, so if you change themes a lot, you must also add the sounds in the respective themes too.

Your file path for example should look something like this if trying to apply the sounds to the default Bigbox theme:

LaunchBox\Themes\Default\Sounds\Resident Evil Collection (Whatever your playlist is named)

An interesting quirk of this feature is that the custom sounds for the playlist or platform will persist until Bigbox loads another playlist or platform with custom sounds, or falls back to the global sound pack if one is not present.

Link to review