LaunchBox Community Forums

Tutorial Video on how to add coinops builds, even pinball emporium to your Launchbox/Bigbox Build

jtravapd

I made this quick tutorial for all you guys just starting out.  It may seem overwhelming but launchbox makes it simple.  In my opinion nothing comes close.  However , there are other builds out there that are nice to look at, and nicely put together.  Adding them to your launchbox build allows you to boot directly into bigbox and have access to everything if your using a home arcade.  So in this video i will show you how easy it is to add for example the brand new coinops gold release or pinball emporium right to your launchbox/bigbox setup so you can just have to launch one program when you boot up and not have to exit out back to windows to play games on another build you may enjoy.

in the video i use the example of ghost and goblins that just came out today to show you exactly how to add any game, build, whatever .exe you want to your launchbox build.  Its as simple as dragging and dropping with your mouse.  In the video you will see my builds have artwork, but as i explain you will need to add the artwork because no scrapers are going to find front end builds artwork.  wherever you get your programs from, i suggest clicking on the artwork , and save as to your photos folder as a .jpg or .png so you wont just have text in whatever theme your using in bigbox.  a 5 second process that youll be happy you grabbed that art after you install it into your build.

here is the video, good luck and have fun.  remember to thank the makers of these programs, including launchbox, its alot of work put into them.  Tutorial on how to add coinops and pinball builds to your launchbox/bigbox setup