LaunchBox Community Forums

Pinball FX3 Mars and Attack from Mars both launch same game, but they are different.

Redbeer1972

So far I have Launchbox working for every PBFX3 game I own, except, Mars and Attack from Mars.

No matter what I do, I import both "different" files BALLY_Attack_from_Mars.pxp and Mars.pxp.

These are two different games, but Launchbox launches, BALLY_Attack_from_Mars.pxp, regardless of the fact that

the two files were imported separately, and the metadata shows the two file names as different.

The PinballFX.xml also shows these as two different games, with different filenames/paths, and yet, it still launches the

Bally version, for both listings in Launchbox.

Basically even though the metadata and everything else shows Mars.pxp for the Mars game (a Zen Studios original), it still launches BALLY_Attack_from_Mars.pxp for both links.

How do I fix this?

Disregard.  After about 10 different web searches and over an hour more of time I finally found a thread on this forum talking about this problem.  It's apparently a bug in PBFX3.  The solution was to make a duplicate of the Mars.pxp file and rename it, I chose Marz.pxp, then rename whatever other files you need like the backglass in the PBFX3 folder as well to that same name.  Now it launches properly.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...