LaunchBox Community Forums

Attract Mode always landing on same games majority of the time

Gimpy

First of all, forgive me because I feel like I have seen this before on this forum, but I just could not find the thread again despite searching for it.

I have attract mode set up to spin randomly through all games when running, and I have noticed that it will constantly loop back to the same games again and again, so even though it has a huge number of games to choose from, it seems to land on the same 15-20 or so over and over - if I sit and watch it spin through 100 games, I would say over 50% of them will be repeats, which just doesn't seem like is how it would work (where Id assume ideally it'd land on a distinct game 99% of the time). I know repeats are to be expected now and again, but it's like its only cycliing through 5% of my library or something - sometimes it'll repeat a game from 2-3 games ago

What's more, it feels like even between powering on and off, it somehow finds it's way back to the same games every time. It's silly because it's not really a big deal, but if I turn around and see the video theme for Gallop Racer 3, Ganryu, Moonwalker, Maximum Force, Shuffleshot, Simpsons Bowling or Aliens 3 one more time, I might cry.

Has anybody encountered something similar or found a setup that results in a something that feels genuinely more 'random'? I've looked up and down in the options and can't see anything that jumps out really

Cheers!