LaunchBox Community Forums

Retroarch control mapping not working with Xbox controller and Ultrastick 360

TBachVanWa

I use Retroarch through Launchbox and BB for some consoles. I like the overlay/bezel options for GameBoy, GBC, GBA and PSP. Plus I like how RA runs Atari. I'm trying to use two Ultrastick 360's and one Xbox Series XJs wireless depending on the games. I can get RA to work great if I just have the Ultrasticks connected. When I connect the Xbox Wireless controller it forces itself to be Port 1 Controller in RA. But I can adjust to that change with the Ultrasticks as they get assigned to Port 2 and Port 3 and consistently stay that way when the Xbox controller is connected. The connected Xbox controller at Port 1 works fine in my emulators that are using the Port 1 controller. However, I can't successfully map the Ultrasticks to become Controller 1 and 2 for the Cores and games I want to use them for. The joysticks just don't move. This is after I made sure they worked when setting up each ultrastick before I plugged in the Xbox controller. The mapped A & B/Fire buttons are fine (which are just keyboard) inputs but the joysticks won't move.

I tried turning controller autoconfig  off in Ra after separately setting up my three controllers, deleting my retroarch.cfg file, but still not luck.  The Xbox controller is assigned as an xinput and the Utrasticks are assigned as dinputs.

Any advice?

• 1 month later...

No, luck. I'm afraid. I ended up using a different emulator for Atari, since I personally didn't need overlays for that one. It enabled me to predictably use my utltrastick controller.  I switched to loading Atari Roms directly through Bizhawk from Launchbox and Big Box. I use Retroarch only for the emulators where I want to use my  Xbox controller.