LaunchBox Community Forums

Issues with hotkeys

Sagittate

I'm having major issues with my hotkeys not saving properly.  For example I have an N64 USB controller that works just fine once I set up the hotkeys.  Problem is every time I launch a game I have to setup the hotkey again.  I'm using Mupen for the emulator and I have the option checked to override input settings per core.  Every time I launch a game it reverts to the xbox controller setup from retroarc.  I'm going into the retroarch settings, loading the mupen core, it states mupen core in bottom left and I setup the hotkeys and they never stick.  What am I doing wrong?  I've even done a fresh install of launchbox 13.5 and I can't resolve this issue.  I can go in to Mupen manually outside of launchbox set the keybinds, save them, save a config file for them launch a game and nothing is saved.  Also having trouble finding what people are referring to as "quick menu" sometimes its there in retroarch and other times i can't find it.  I'm so confused with all this and it feels way more complicated than it should be.  Basically I want to be able to assign seperate inputs for individual cores and its just not working out properly.

Edited by Sagittate
additional info

• Sagittate changed the title to Issues with hotkeys