LaunchBox Community Forums

8bitdo pro 2 Home button

Stevie Mac

Hi guys I have an 8bitdo pro 2 but for some reason in Launchbox it doesn't read the home button very well. The button reads when tested in the 8bitdo pro Ultimate software quickly with no problems.
When I try to set it as my LB Pause button under control mappings when I push the home button it doesn't read it quickly I have to push it, hold it, push it again then sometimes it works & says it's button 11 nothing else just button 11.
When it does take & I try to use it when playing a game if I press the home button it doesn't work then I hit it again and again then multiple times then it might come up. So it does work but it seems to not read it as quickly as something like an X button etc.
It does this on all Emulators I've set up so far eg Retroarch, Pcsx2, Duckstation etc. 
The pause menu works fine when up & exits out ok.

Am I missing something?
Thanks

image.thumb.jpeg.6b6324d60612e9ea68a5e73987f71ab3.jpeg

Ok i down graded the firm ware but then the pad wouldn't send a Bluetooth signal out for the pc or any device to pick up so then I had to re install the newest firmware for it to work again.
So no luck sadly.
I think it's either not LB not picking up the button well or there's a conflict with it in LB as I think it's like the XBox home button.
I changed the Pause key to be R3 & tested it in Retroarch & it worked ok.  If I push the *bitdo home button the Retroarch quick menu comes up.  So I think in Retroarch this button needs to be reassigned or you have to say to not use it in Retroarch.
I guess I'll have to play around or just stick with R3.