LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox will start if installed on USB but will freeze on initialization screen if installed on local SSD

ghost2human

Having a weird issue with launchbox. I installed it normally on my computer running win10 and it would start properly after the first install. But after closing the program, it will always freeze on the initialization screen.

After uninstalling, i tried installing launchbox on a portable USB. It runs with no problem if starting the program from the USB.

I copied the launchbox folder from the usb over to my desktop and if i start launchbox from desktop, it will freeze again on the initialization screen.

This seems like some sort of permission error or windows defender thing? Unsure.

I've already whitelisted launchbox.exe in windows defender controlled folder access. Is there any other application that needs whitelisting? Or am i missing something here?