LaunchBox Community Forums

Please Help.... Launchbox states it appears my Platforms.xml file is Corrupt. ( I cannot even load launchbox or bigbox at all)

jtravapd

hello guys, i have looked through the forums and couldn't find anything similar so I was hoping someone here could help me out.  I have used my launchbox/bigbox build for over a year now with  no issues at all.  I have it on a 16TB external drive hooked up to my gaming pc and everything works great.  Im using version 13.0 and haven't changed anything except yesterday I decided to see if I hooked up my drive to my Rec Room Masters Arcade Cabinet, would most of the games work, or would I have a ton of button mapping etc. to do to get things working.  It turned out, almost everything worked right away.  I just needed to setup Exit to my Exit button on my arcade, but I didn't even bother doing that, i just used my xbox controller and exited out and then reconnected the drive back to my gaming PC.   I just wanted to test out how it would be on my arcade cabinet. 

Well, now I just tried to launch BigBox while sitting at my gaming PC and now I get the error that I attached below.  I've tried a ton of times, I get the same error every single time.  I did go into my backup folder and found older backups of my Platforms.xml file from yesterday, copied it to my root folder and overwrote the supposedly corrupt file , and I still get the same error message.  So now I dont know what I should do.  I cannot get into launchbox or big box at all.  If i try and launch BigBox, I get the error message, but the startup video plays. then I just get a black screen.  

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?  I have no virus scanner on , on my arcade cabinet or my gaming pc, so I dont know what could have caused a file to be corrupted. I also have done as instructed and replaced the file with a backup version and this still didn't fix the issue either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.   Thank You, 

Screenshot 2023-12-18 000642.png