LaunchBox Community Forums

Messy import with Mame 0.262 merged set

Mock

Does any have a way of best importing af full set of Mame into launchbox Android.  It seems when importing it also imports bios files and not only the Game roms. Also i see games like Virtua tennis as i remember and other games show up multiply times, even though i have selected only to import roms without clones and not add additional roms. i also made sure to click that similar titles show up as one game.

I also tried to both have finalburn games and Mame, by first importing my folder with only FBneo romset. and then after i tried to import a full merged mame set. and click that it should not import already existing. my idea was to manually change emulator for games that didn't work to mame4droid. but it seems it ignores the settings and i ended up with duplicate games of everything. it seems something is wrong in the dat files or how it detects the games.

Now i will try and go with having bios and roms in different folders. and exported all system files out of the rom folder. and then for FBneo i have no plan. hope some day there will be a way to have two arcade categories in LB android. as i use the retorach FBneo for retroachievements and bezels. also it has some better shader filters.