LaunchBox Community Forums

OBS Integration issues.

ibleedspeed

Posted (edited)

I wanted to get OBS set up so I could make my own video snaps, and the tutorial from ETA Prime is a few years old now so I'm not sure if something has changed but here is my issue. I got OBS setup to record but there seems to be a problem with the Pause Menu in various emulators, from what the tutorial said I am supposed to capture my video then open the Pause Menu and exit the game at which time Launchbox will prompt me if I wanna associate the video with the game. I was testing this with RPCS3 and I kept getting 2 different pause menus, one overriding the other like they were fighting for dominance, I finally figured out that RPCS3 has a built in video recorder too and apparently the Hotkey for the RPCS3 Pause Menu must be the Guide Button on my Xbox controller which I had mapped as the Pause Menu button in Launchbox. I also had to disable that button in Steam so it wouldn't pull up steam when I press it. Then it might also pull up the Xbox gamebar if I it press while not in emulation so it's kind of a mess lol. It seems like button combos are all mapped to something random and I cant find a button combo to just open the Launchbox Pause Menu. I cannot find a way in RPCS3 To remap or disable the built in Pause Menu so there is a direct conflict. 

I eventually gave up after a couple hours fighting with RPCS3 and attempted to move on to yuzu and figure out how to capture video snaps for switch, no such luck, the button mapping that I assigned to the Guide Button for the launchbox Pause Menu does nothing while running Yuzu. So that's where I'm at, The only option I can see is to let OBM manually save the videos to my Videos folder, then Manually rename each video to the name of the associated game and drag it into the Launchbox directory Videos folder 1 by 1 which is going to be a much longer process. If anybody has streamlined a way to capture video snaps in various emulators can ya help me out here.   

Screenshot 2024-05-09 16.36.59.png

Edited by ibleedspeed

• ibleedspeed changed the title to OBS Integration issues.