LaunchBox Community Forums

Issues With Active Marquee Shifting With Resolution Change

flanx

I'm not sure if anyone else has had this specific issue. I have 2 screens: 48in 4K monitor 120hz (main screen) and a 1920x360 24in marquee monitor. I have an issue where my marquees will shift and disappear off the marquee screen if I start up a game that changes the desktop resolution to something other than 3840x2160. For example, the Tomb Raider game for TechnoParrot. Whenever I launch the game, I see the resolution change and the marquee disappears. I have read other places where the best position for the display under display properties is aligned to the right of your main display, which is where I have it because thats the only place it will work. After some time troubleshooting, I have found that the marquee will display if I have my desktop resolution set to 1080p and the marquee is aligned to the left of the main display. When I launch games like Tomb Raider, the marquee does not shift. BUT now when I play more modern games like Mortal Kombat 11 or Cuphead on Steam, they use your desktop resolution and will not go higher than 1920x1080 if my main displays resolution is not set to 4K. I have a pretty beefy gaming rig in my cab and I would like to run modern games at 4K, but I also like having my marquees visible while playing all games. 1st world arcade problems, I know lol If anyone has a fix or any suggestions, I'm open for any help at this point.