LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox playlists with a "Sort Games By" only arranges by title

Posted (edited)

If I recall correctly, this used to work fine. If you have a "Sort Games By" set in the Playlist's settings and then choose an "Arrange By" in the menu it'll categorize the games in the playlist by the "Sort Games By" property then arrange them within the sections by your "Arrange By" property. So, for example, I have an auto-populated playlist called "Completed" with condition "Completed = Is True". I have it set to sort by Game Series in the Playlist options and then set Arrange By to Release Date, but it still sorts by Title alphabetically. Setting other Arrange Bys like number of players does the same thing, it sorts alphabetically. It happens with all playlists I've tested it on, old and new. Having a "Sort Games By" turned on now seems to always Arrange By Title regardless of what is set. That seems wrong to me, it should arrange by whatever you set within each section created by the "Sort Games By". And I believe that was my past experience, I'm not sure when it stopped working. Or my memory could just be faulty.

2024-07-03 05_13_36-Window.png

2024-07-03 05_33_16-Window.png

Edited by stupac
Typos and clarification