LaunchBox Community Forums

model 2 emulator and launchbox startup screen do not get along with each other

The Issue: Sega Model 2 emulator has an option to automatically start in fullscreen, which is nice except it overrides the launchbox startup screen. I know this isn't a bug it's the fullscreen exclusive mode, but there may be ways to workaround

Why I care: My goal is to start a model 2 in game fullscreen and go straight to logo/titles so I don't have to look at ram check etc when booting up the game. (The game I am testing with is Vitual-on Cybertroopers.) I realize this is extremely obsessive over detail but every hobbyist is insane to some extent

What I tried:  tried using ahk to auto load a save state on startup and skip ahead to logos/title screen, but this triggers a popup messge from the emulator which I find aesthetically unpleasant (wish there was a way to turn it off). My comromise solution is to hide the arcade system booting up using the luanchbox startup screen, which looks/feels cleaner. But this brings me back to the original issue. If I could switch to fullscreen using auto hotkey that would solve the problem, but model2 emulator doesn't have a key for toggling fullscreen. I can put winmaximize in the running script, but of course that's not the same as fullscreen and it looks terrible 

Edited by karole3b