LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox/Bigbox not recognizing my joysticks any longer.

I built my own arcade cabinet and just like the title says, launchbox/Bigbox is not recognizing my joysticks, but is recognizing the buttons. It was recognizing the joysticks a couple months ago, but suddenly it's not any more. It still recognizes the joysticks once apps like MAME are started.

The only thing that I can think of that changed is I installed Steam on the arcade recently so I could play street fighter 6 on it. Could Steam be causing a conflict somehow or am I chasing ghosts here?

Thank you in advance.

I uninstalled Steam and nothing changed. I also uninstalled LaunchBox and reinstalled it. My joysticks worked in BigBox only while I was configuring my controllers for the first time. As soon as I left that menu they stopped working again. This is super frustrating now as I don't know what else to do because the joysticks work in Launch box and everything else, it's solely BigBox that is having the problem. I even switched USB ports to see if that helped, but nothing.

I can configure buttons to do what the joystick is supposed to do, but it shouldn't have to be this way, especially since it makes it a bit harder for my young children to navigate.