LaunchBox Community Forums

Unable to launch ANY installed game on 13.16

nickvog
Go to solution Solved by nickvog,

PLEASE, I'm new and not a very experienced user. So far, up until version 13.16 LaunchBox was my friend. Since this version, after having installed any DOS game to play, DOES NOT START and nothing happens whatsoever! 

I haven't touched any settings, no tweaking or anything to DOSBOX or SCUMM engines. All are primarily set to run on Fullscreen and with aspect ratio correction and no graphics filter. I work on Windows 11, haven't touched any display windows settings, I'm using a RTX 3080 Ti with 2560x1440 resolution, 144 refresh rate monitor.

After pressing PLAY for any game, the program tries to launch a cmd black window but it crashes and closes in the next second!

I'm really so desperate. PLEASE, any advice would be more than welcome... 🙏

Edited by nickvog

• Solution

UPDATE.

I hate loose ends, so I post here my findings for anyone interested.

Games are now loading and played properly.

The culprit was eXoDOS 5 with some of the files from eXoDOS 6 that both use as a frontend the LaunchBox app. Apparently you CAN'T upgrade from 5 to 6 (like I tried unsuccessfully) using "same name" files from both editions. After having tried EVERYTHING (software and hardware wise), I ended up deleting my eXoDOS folder and install the version 5 of which I had a full copy (unfortunately, full version 6 torrent file is inactive with no seeds or peers).

THANK YOU for your time reading this tread.

• Thanks 1