LaunchBox Community Forums

Play Box 4 1.0.0

(0 reviews)

27 Screenshots

About This File

NOTE THIS THEME IS BUILT FOR STEAM STYLE BANNERS FOR THE FAVOURITES & RECENTLY PLAYED BOX IMAGES.

This theme is designed for a screen resolution of 1920 X 1080. Steam Banner images need to be 400px X 215px in order to scale correctly.

This is Play Box 4, A continuation of Play Box 3 but with the views tweaked for a more Netflix for movies & games kind of feel. with many different types of games views. 
Included in my theme is many different types of games views with alternative control layouts for Microsoft XBOX One, Microsoft XBOX 360 & Sony Playstation 4. There is also a collection of steam Banners for games of various platforms thrown in to get you started. I have recreated all the Widjets/Device icons from Retroarch to display all platform/playlists ect.
This theme is highly customisable as there are many Platform & Games views to choose from all with changeable menu controls, British/European & American Movie & Game age rating images, Avatar pictures for your profile & you can even put your own name with your avatar.
Important note**If  the artwork & videoborder views do not display properly for a platform on your system, there will most likely be naming conflicts between your platforms & files in my theme. To fix this issue, you must locate these files in the background & videoborder folders of my Play Box theme then change the names to your actual platforms name.
Installation 
Unzip the Play Box 4 folder to your Launchbox /Themes directory. 
Setting up Steam Banners
Make sure you set Platform & Game images as Steam Banners within the game options in Launchbox. Then for them to be used in the theme correctly set the priority of the boxes view to prioritise Steam Banners first - if you ever want to revert this it is then simply a case of lowering the priority of the steam banners in the boxes list rather than having to remove or reorganise images. To do this open Launchbox and go to Tools --> Options and in the window that appear select Box Front Properties in the Images section and use the Up button to move the Steam Banners to the top of the list.

This will be the last Play Box theme in the series but i will continue to update Play Box 4 where possible.

• Like 7

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Ola, muito maneiro esse seu tema, gostei muito. mas tenho uma duvida. como faço pra fazer com que os videos das plataformas fiquem encaixados nas VideoBorder pois o video aparece na parte inferior e não tenho ideia de como resolver, e outra coisa. como posso tirar da tela  as informações "Resume Recently Played" e " Play My Best Content"? aguardo respostas, vleeew

21 minutes ago, WENDJA said:

Ola, muito maneiro esse seu tema, gostei muito. mas tenho uma duvida. como faço pra fazer com que os videos das plataformas fiquem encaixados nas VideoBorder pois o video aparece na parte inferior e não tenho ideia de como resolver, e outra coisa. como posso tirar da tela  as informações "Resume Recently Played" e " Play My Best Content"? aguardo respostas, vleeew

Por favor, você pode usar o google tradutor primeiro e depois usar a tradução em inglês aqui nestes fóruns. Eles são baseados no idioma inglês, suas perguntas não serão respondidas em português. Obrigado.

Hello, very cool this theme of yours, I liked it a lot. 
but I have a doubt. how do I make the videos of the platforms are embedded in the VideoBorder 
because the video appears at the bottom and I have no idea how to solve, and something else. 
How can I remove the information "Resume Recently Played" and "Play My Best Content" from the screen? Waiting for answers

Glad you like my theme. Can you please send a picture of video issues so I can understand what the problem is. To remove the play best content & recently played information all you need to do is delete the play best content & recently played text from within each platformfiltersview file with any simple text editor such as notepad then save.

Hello, in image 1 I wanted to know how to get these words off the screen. You know how to keep it clean. and in the second image I want to know how to make the video stay in the middle, because the video is at the bottom, I've done everything but it doesn't work. Help me!

Capturar.JPG

Capturar 2.JPG

Good morning, taking advantage, how do I remove this white block from the photo below
 it's getting in my way.

Capturar.JPG

Edited by WENDJA

Firstly I don’t know how you got the videoborder view inside the platform view as the videoborder views are for the wheelgamesview only. Unless you have replaced the platform image At Home Screen in platform background folder with a videoborder image from the videoborder folder to show in your background, either way the videoborder images do not belong in platform views so therefore the video image at bottom of screen is where it needs to stay. If you want though you could just play around with the video Height, width & margin settings in video section at bottom in each platformfiltersview file.

Secondly the white box can be removed either by deleting the videoborder section in each platformfiltersview file or removing the image itself from from the videoborder folder however the image of the platform icon behind it cannot be removed which is why I put the white videoborder there.

Thirdly this theme was designed for a screen resolution of 1920 x 1080 & I notice that icons & text are out of line on your Home Screen. Do you have you screen set at the right resolution, or sometimes it can be a scaling issue in Windows for example settings/system/Scale & Layout = 125% or some TVs have scaling options in there picture settings.

Hope these work out for you.

All right, I got it, and I decided to put it all in place. now explains to me how do videos of games appear on videoborder, because I can not make the selected games appear. I'm going to show you a picture of what it looks like. 

image.png

1 hour ago, Droken said:

Ey dude the theme has a lot of bugs on a 1080p screen, plis try to fix them, i like how the theme looks

If you feel there are issues with the theme then you might want to elaborate on what those are, just saying fix the issues please isnt really much help. It's likely the author of this theme saw no issues when he created it. So if you want anything done at all descriptions, preferably which images to demonstrate the "bugs" would obviously be advantageous.

17 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

If you feel there are issues with the theme then you might want to elaborate on what those are, just saying fix the issues please isnt really much help. It's likely the author of this theme saw no issues when he created it. So if you want anything done at all descriptions, preferably which images to demonstrate the "bugs" would obviously be advantageous.

Yeah, Sorry, Look at the images I am using a 1080p screen

298472984_DesktopScreenshot2021_03.06-17_44_11_27.thumb.png.ceecd5d57184700eb8c4fcea2ad0e92e.png1423970161_DesktopScreenshot2021_03.06-17_47_19_09.thumb.png.83fc1f4fdf03ddf8ded0e8322cad5787.png404602891_DesktopScreenshot2021_03.06-17_47_02_41.thumb.png.fab01fc405eaf34ba8226643ff14669d.png

Hi Droken.

This theme was designed on a 32 inch screen TV at a screen resolution of 1920 x 1080p. It's been tested on a 42 inch screen TV, 18 inch screen laptop & a 21 inch screen Desktop PC all at screen resolution of 1920 x 1080p. Do you have your desktop screen set at the right screen resolution, or sometimes it can be a scaling issue in Windows for example Settings/System/Scale & Layout = 125% or some TVs have scaling options in there picture settings or scaling options in Graphics card settings for example Nvidia Control Panel or ATI Radeon Catylist Control Center.

Hi daz,

how can I change the number of games that appear in "Play my best contents"? Guess that the default is 20, I want to enlarge this number

On 5/26/2021 at 6:22 PM, cirdansky said:

Hi daz,

how can I change the number of games that appear in "Play my best contents"? Guess that the default is 20, I want to enlarge this number

Hi cirdansky, It lloks like this is coded into Big Box as there is now way to change number of games in my theme.