LaunchBox Community Forums

BigBox Particles 1.1.0

(0 reviews)

About This File

Not nearly as fancy as some of the other startup videos on here, but I have been trying to get back into 3D animation and recently came across a video about dynamic objects creating text and thought i'd try it out by throwing this together. Hopefully someone out there may like it. :)

The music is part of one of my own songs. I'm personally not feeling that it fits for this purpose but I couldn't find anything I liked better at the moment to suit the Big Box feel. If you have any suggestions, I'd be happy to swap out the audio and render it again.

• Modeled, shaded, and rendered to still PNG images in Cinema 4D. (6 hours and 31 minutes to render a 15 second animation.. lol)
  • Imported PNG stills into Vegas Pro, added music and a light motion blur, then rendered back down to a 1080p video.

What's New in Version 1.1.0   See changelog

Released

It was brought to my attention that most startup are about 15+ seconds and there was a desire for shorter videos.

I kind of agree that some people like things that are short, sweet, and to the point so I changed things up and got it down to about 8 seconds.

I recommend changing BigBox settings for start up videos to 7 seconds. The video is slightly longer, but when set to 8, it looped a bit for me.

• Added a second light that only affects the particles. The single top down spot light wasn't really showing the reflectiveness I intended. Nice and shiny now.
  • Reduced length and changed so both words form at the same time and then everything drops, rather than each work individually and hanging there till the end.
  • Changed from music to some ambient arcade sounds to best accommodate the shorter length of the video. Nothing better than the sound of being in an arcade. The feels.... xD

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

User Feedback

You may only provide a review once you have downloaded the file.

There are no reviews to display.