LaunchBox Community Forums

Whatscheiser's SEGA CD Boxart 1.0.0

(0 reviews)

7 Screenshots

About This File

Hello,

This is box art I have done for my own selection of SEGA CD games. There are 20 total that includes box-front, box-spine, and box-back images. The games are as follows...

• Batman Returns
  • Demolition Man
  • Earthworm Jim
  • Ecco The Dolphin
  • Ecco The Dolphin The Tides of Time
  • Final Fight
  • Formula One Beyond the Limit
  • Loadstar
  • Lords of Thunder
  • Mortal Kombat
  • NHL '94
  • Pitfall the Myan Adventure
  • Road Rash
  • SEGA Classics Arcade Collection (5 in 1)
  • Sewer Shark
  • Silpheed
  • Snatcher
  • Sonic CD
  • Soul Star
  • The Terminator

Most of these box-front and back images are sourced from SEGA Retro scans that have been cleaned up and upscaled with Topaz-AI. After running them through that process I then scale them back down closer to their original scanned resolution and do any necessary re-touch work to clean them up to where they look acceptable to my eye. For example with the Earthworm Jim cover art, the text did not fare well at all with the AI upscale process. So I tracked down the font (or as close as I could approximate) and re-did all of the descriptions and legalese for the back of the box.

The Spines and the blue "candy cane" art was redrawn by me using a Sega Retro Scan as a pattern guide. The SEGA CD logo is from Dan Patrick's platform logo pack. A lot of publisher logos and what have you's are pulled from PNGs found online and re-integrated into the original artwork to clean things up. A couple of the artworks (Loadstar, SEGA Classics, and the box back artwork for Formula One) contains some bits augmented by or straight up ripped out of artwork done for The Cover Project by Vt102.

What's New in Version 1.0.0   See changelog

Released

No changelog available for this version.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Unusual Gem 1

User Feedback

You may only provide a review once you have downloaded the file.

There are no reviews to display.