LaunchBox Community Forums

2 problems with Game Database website

klownk

Well maybe one of the problem is not a problem. First, how can we add new Dev/Publisher/Genre ? It's impossible right now to do that in the Database or I didn't saw how. And then, the website is VERY slow in Europe. I don't know for USA but here (France) it's a pain in the ass... And I have a very good connection. It's very painful to add game or moderate and I think it's a problem. Are you aware of that? Can you do something?

Our concurrent connection is having a hard time keeping up with the demand. We've already scheduled a server update to hopefully help this, but our servers are in the United States, so there will inherently be a bit of lag even with the upgrade. Currently, those 3 fields can not be added to on the database either. They'll be opened up at some point though.

SentaiBrad said Our concurrent connection is having a hard time keeping up with the demand. We've already scheduled a server update to hopefully help this, but our servers are in the United States, so there will inherently be a bit of lag even with the upgrade.
Well, actually it's not a little lag, it's just freezing 5 seconds for each click... So I think it can't be worse. ;)
SentaiBrad said Currently, those 3 fields can not be added to on the database either. They'll be opened up at some point though.
Ok, thx.

We've had our server upgrade too. So in this case I think it might be ping and distance that's the most effective site killer. We could still probably stand do some more optimzations, but at a certain point we can't fix what the distance effects. I do apoligize.