LaunchBox Community Forums

Retroarch Controller Config

HobbitCy

Hi, First, Loving the program and interface having come over from HyperSpin and RocketLauncher. The Problem i'm having and cant seam to find the solution to is loading a platform and have retroarch load the correct config file for it. Example: In Sega Genesis i have set my controller and saved the new config. it appears to be saving it to the root folder of retroarch. i have tried moving it into the config folder, leaving it in the root, tried renaming like with HS and RL getting no love everytime i load up Sega Genesis it doesnt load up the saved config. What am I doing wrong? Ps im using a PS4 controller on Win 10 with DS4Windows showing it as connected. Thanks

So you need to edit the command line for each platform. You can also do this for games to if they require a specific config. https://i.imgur.com/3PBDGlb.png In the image, it is my RetroArch setup. Right after the dll there is a -c to denote the load config command then the full path to the config. I started using this with N64. The window was always way bigger and I wanted to use my USB N64 controller and not my PS4 controller. So it loads that config for those settings. I want some emulators to load certain shaders, like most PS1 games I will load a specific shader where as most Sprite based emulators / games I use the Pixelatte shader etc. Hope this helps.