LaunchBox Community Forums

Dosbox game mounting problem.

jacobcarl

What exactly are you doing? A bit more info might help. Are you trying to install a DOS game in LaunchBox? Are you just trying to launch a game through LaunchBox? We do have tutorials on our YouTube channel that deal with DOSBox, if you'd like you can watch those by clicking the link to our channel in my signature. Jason went over how to install DOS games from a disc a while ago, I went over it recently and showed users how to use DOSBox Daum (which I've since started to use less in favor of other forks of DOSBox, but it is still better than default in my opinion), and how to install games if you have the install files or how to copy them from an iso or disc in your PC to then install from the files.

• 1 year later...
On 2016-02-15 at 8:04 AM, SentaiBrad said:

I went over it recently and showed users how to use DOSBox Daum (which I've since started to use less in favor of other forks of DOSBox, but it is still better than default in my opinion), and how to install games if you have the install files or how to copy them from an iso or disc in your PC to then install from the files.

Hi SentaiBrad!

Which DOSBox do you prefer now?

/Nick

I still like Daum the best, but it has some small issues when using LaunchBox to import AND install. Normal imports are not effected, but when you run it through the install too, some of the commands are slightly different. -x is really good, probably the best of them all because Daum hasn't been updated in a while. -x is based on the SVN builds of DOSBox (which are current, and much more advanced than .74, which is what LB ships with). -x is a fork of SVN, with a bunch of benefits from Daum and the LFN (Long File Name) fork, if I recall. -x however is broken for working with LaunchBox. I can't get it to work reliably, save settings, etc.