LaunchBox Community Forums

Image Uploading

Soundtrackgeek

I usually add at least 3 or 4 images per game that I add to the DB. Front Cover, Back Cover, Media and Screenshot. It takes quite a bit of time uploading 1 and 1. What I would suggest is that you can drag and drop multiple images and then have a dropdown system over each image to set the type. It may be possible to "guess" what a type of image is as well, but it might be complicated to code? Anyway, let me know if this is a terrible idea or a good one :) I think it would really help speed up the process.

That's a pretty good idea, but a drag and drop system on web is tricky, potentially it would be that we allow users to just upload multiple images at once as a list or with multiple upload boxes. Once they're processed they can then be sorted by the user.

SentaiBrad said That's a pretty good idea, but a drag and drop system on web is tricky, potentially it would be that we allow users to just upload multiple images at once as a list or with multiple upload boxes. Once they're processed they can then be sorted by the user.
That would work as well. Just have an upload button and I can multiple select 4 images, then upload them all at once.