LaunchBox Community Forums

metadata/images missing

gizmo

hi i am using mame 173 split set with mame 174 emulator , i just bought launchbox and emumovies but when i tell it to find all the data for my games it does seem to download what it finds but when i tell it to use a image for a game after it does a refresh the game icon is still blank all though it has download the images for the covers , is there anyway i can sort this out apart from removing the games that has no cover thanks

Gizmo, you had asked this question in a different location already. Creating more threads, repeating the questions won't help. I was about to respond to you at the other location. Now it could just be that there is no media for the games. The Database is certainly not complete unfortunetly so there will be games with missing data. That said, the images name match the game name in LaunchBox? Is LaunchBox looking in the right location? Go to Tools -> Edit Platform and open up your Arcade platform. At the top click the folders tab and check to see if the image folders are pointing in the right location. Otherwise I am unsure what to say, LaunchBox should download and attach any media in the proper folder with the proper name on it's own. How many MAME games did you import? For me, even with 1500 games in my library there are quite a few missing their media, and the LaunchBox Games Database is using a more recently updated image pack and even that doesn't have all of the images sadly.

hi thanks for your reply ok i will try and explaine , i have got life sub with emumovies so i could get more data for the games i have got now all images are in the correct folder , as there are some games with images attached and some are not , with the games that have no images i am going to edit game and choose a image that it says in the screenshot and select ok after i select ok the game refesh still with no image all though the image is there in the screenshot selection , we have got around 4,000 mame games with images in the selection tab i am just woundering why the image is not showing all though the images are in the same folder as the rest , i dont understand why some are showing and some are not thanks

Thank you for clarifying that a bit for me. So if you are going to manually select the screenshot as a front box art, once you've made your changes, you'll either need to choose the Image Refresh option in tools or restart LaunchBox for it to take effect if they're not changing over automatically. Jason and I have also come up with a Tiered Image system that will also solve this problem hopefully. So If / when he does implement it, you won't need to manually change over the art so that there are no holes, you'd specify a list of prefered images and LaunchBox does the rest. Unfortuetnly, especially for the less popular games, there may not be art for it readily available. EmuMovies makes updates to their Image packs all the time too.

hi thankyou for clarifying the issue , i have gone to add screenshot and refresh images but still is blank all though the screenshots are there, i will wait for the Image system and hope fully it will help out thanks again for your help and advice