LaunchBox Community Forums

Relocate Launchbox Directory

esnmb

I'm sure this has been posted somewhere, but I couldn't find anything. All of my ROMs and emulators are on my NAS, so I was wondering if it's possible to relocate the Launchbox directory to the NAS as well so my other PC's can access it? ROMS and emulators would not be moved. Thanks!

Yes you can. LaunchBox is fully portable, so long as the drive the games are located on doesn't change you are good to go. Chances are, it would be best to put LaunchBox on each individual PC to access the NAS, but what you are saying may work too. As long as the LaunchBox XML is still pointing towards the correct location for each PC. Even if the location the roms are in is changing you can use Notepad++ to Find and Replace All when it comes to the path. I replaced I:\wbfs yesterday with J:\wbfs in the LaunchBox XML because my Wii and Gamecube external changed drive letters and I couldn't change the drive letter back to the right letter in Windows Disk Management.

Yes, it's portable. You can copy your XML to any LaunchBox install and it will work. If you bring over your Images, Video, Manual and Music folders those will carry over as well. The LaunchBox XML holds all settings, game information and media attachments.

Very true. I'm the only one in the house that would be playing anything at this point, so it should be ok. I'm going to test it out. Playing a PS2 game should be a good test. Also, you created the Kodi integration script, right?