LaunchBox Community Forums

Hi LaunchBox

Corto

Hi peoples of lunchbox I guess I'm a launchbox noob so i'll post here but I believe some of the below might be better in other threads. I've been tinkering with emulation for the past 2 years and build my first bartop prototype. While getting around the relationship between roms, emulator, cores, front-end, media, bioses controls .. and then some, it took me a while to settle on one front end. The release of LB6 pushed me to once more remodelled my roms structure and suite of software. And it has been my most pleasant system setup yet. Anyway, here's some thought I gathered while setting up: - In the edit property panel, would it be possible to have a next/previous button to move from one selected rom to the next selected ROM? - Is there a plan for the list view to be editable? Some table header filter a la excel would be tremendously helpful ... - I couldn't find the field for the video file association in the GUI, am I missing something? - Am I correct to assume that if I do the same media download pass over it will only download the data missing in the folders so I can interrupt a download and restart later, it will skip already acquired video/images/music? A worksheet view as mentioned above could provide a visual feedback of the data still missing. - I'm also curious to see what capability you are planning for the online Games DB! ( 2 way sync? multi machine? mobile? ...) - While I'm here I might as well ask ... my sega emulations are not working. retro arch launch with Plus Gx core. but result to a black screen. any suggestions? -Visual Pinball was quite forward to setup. I only had an handful of table and since media seems sparse I made a suggestion for the Games DB on one table. I'would gladly contribute the rest (just an handfull) if that helps someone. -When time permits, I would like to investigate the same 'table presentation' for Pinball Arcade & Pinball Fx as a platform. Any tips? -Future Pinball was less friendly.
// the command line suggested didn't seem to work. <br/> /open /play /exit "file"<br/> // I've seen this running on other systems: /open "file" /play /exit<br/> //does the order makes a difference?
Anyway, I'll leave it at that for tonight. LaunchBox is a gorgeous front end, intuitive and flexible. Thanks for delivering it. I am looking forward to see where your visions takes you... .. and to deploy on my box .. ROKADE-01.JPG ROKADE.JPG

Welcome! A next and previous box has been requested when you edit a game, and is on the BitBucket if you wanna vote for it. You can get to our BitBucket by clicking Send Feedback at the top. The list view being editable has also been requested, but don't forget there is also custom filters. Not exactly what you are asking for and a Premium Only feature, but it can help you organize a lot. When you use the Tools -> Download Metadata and Images option, it will ask you what all to download. I generally check everything and then you're left with 3 choices. The top choice will download and replace all metadata regardless, and this option (at least for now) is required to download new and fresh or updated metadata and media over what you currently have. The second option will only download metadata and media for a games field if it is missing something, so theoretically it would for example download games missing front box art if it exists at a later time. We currently have an image downloading bug with the way the image resutructuring has been going on in the Beta. We've added all of the LaunchBox Games Database image categories in to LaunchBox and are working on making the two talk with each other more coherently. If you cancel that download, it will ask you if you want to keep the media and metadata that LaunchBox has already downloaded, and you can start later. If you are doing an import you'll have to start the import process again as it won't have added games past the cancel point. If you re-import a folder that you already started on though, it will skip duplicates automatically. Jason does have a lot planned for the My Collection and the Database, but he is one Developer and we've got a lot to cover. Soon we'll allow a Tiered Image system to help fill in gaps, you'll be able to upload your media and metadata you have on a game to our Database if the game doesn't exist, and tons of other stuff. The BitBucket is a treasure trove if you sort by amount of votes. We do have plans to start working on some of the higher voted tickets, but more pressing things seem to keep coming up. As per your Sega issue, we do have tutorials on our YouTube channel if you'd like to go and take a look. You probably already know mostly everything, but they do seem to help LaunchBox newbies and I provide as much info as I have at the time of creating them. Click the link to our channel, which is in all of my signatures, or the Tutorials button at the top of the forums. A black screen like that in RetroArch can mean either bad rips of the games, bad BIOS, or wrong core choie (but the wrong core choice will generally just crash RetroArch instead). If you have a No-Intro set of your games, then it might be a BIOS situation if you are trying to play something like Sega CD. More info would help. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask, search the BitBucket or the forums. We have tons and tons of threads around!

Thanks for your reply Brad. I'll join BitBucket to see what features have been requested and upvote the one I mentioned above. I work with SharePoint and I found the custom view capability and worksheet presentation is an intuitive and powerful way to present data the way you 'need it'. Would love to be able to customise LB the same way. I tried the custom filter and it is a nice feature, but as you said, not what I'm after. But if more field were to be added it would be quiet useful for OCD people like me Wink
Show All Games Where VideoPath field is empty
Again, I'll look at BitBucket see what is there .. And regarding my issue with sega's rom, unfortunately it was a PBKC issue ... yep, I was being a noob ... My roms were in 7z and RetroArch didn't seem to like that. I extracted all Sega Roms and Voila .. 2 more emulation sorted ... Thanks