LaunchBox Community Forums

Coverflow duplicates (Bigbox)

dannyg86

I'm having a rather annoying issue with Coverflow.

Say for instance you only have 1 game for x platform. That game will display about 20 times in coverflow and it looks ridiculous and is very jarring.

The same thing happens when you only have a small number of games too <10, you get duplicates. 

Coverflow isn't supposed to do that. Check out how Apple implements it on OS X, if there is only one item, you only show one item, three items you show three items.

I presume this is a bug, as I can't fathom the logic behind it if this is intentional.

PS: Premium customer here. Happy to support the product, it is absolutely fantastic, barring a few rough edges and missing features.

Thank you

Edited by dannyg86

Guest Kirsten Marie

Hey Danny! This issue is sort of a side effect of automatic looping which is a fairly recent change. If you could put this request in as a ticket on bitbucket we would greatly appreciate it! :) 

Hey Danny! This issue is sort of a side effect of automatic looping which is a fairly recent change. If you could put this request in as a ticket on bitbucket we would greatly appreciate it! [emoji4] 

Hey Kirsten.

Thanks! I created an issue: https://bitbucket.org/jasondavidcarr/launchbox/issues/1756/duplicate-games-in-coverflow

I forgot to login to bitbucket before I posted it, sorry about that.

Looking forward to getting it fixed :)

PS: I just submitted a game (Gears 4 PC) and a bunch of steam banners and screenshots that were missing from the database too.

I'll be creating some more bug reports also. Saw another issue today where after quitting a windows store game, you can't control bigbox anymore until you click your mouse.

I worked around it for now with xpadder, but it would be nice to fix too, so I'll log an issue.

I love launchbox and use it as my launcher for all my games/emus. I'm also a software developer, so I aim to contribute all I can. I can imagine the huge amount of work that has gone into this project.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guest Kirsten Marie

Awesome, Danny! Jason works crazy hard on this software and we really appreciate when others want to help and make things better! :) We definitely need people like you!