LaunchBox Community Forums

What file is picked to load after decompressing an archive? Problems with loading the correct cue file in a multi-disc archive.

Fenn

I have a multi-disc game for Sega CD that I have compressed in a 7z solid archive for maximum space efficiency and ease of use when I need to switch discs in retroarch. 
This is the compressed file hierarchy-

1 Disc 01.cue

Disc 01 Track 01.iso

Disc 01 Track 02.ogg

Disc 02.cue

Disc 02 Track 01.iso

Disc 02 Track 02.ogg

For the life of me I can not get Launchbox to pass the right cue file to retroarch after decompression.  I assumed it would load the first file alphabetically but this does not seem to be the case.  No matter what I rename the two cue files, for whatever reason it will always load the 2nd discs cue file first.

What determines which file Launchbox passes to an emulator after decompression in the case of multiple files in an archive?  Its seems to always target a cue file, even in my test cases where I renamed the raw ISO with a name that placed it first in the archive.  Obviously this entire issue would be mute if any of the Sega CD libretro cores supported M3U playlists but alas they do not. 

Any assistance?  Not sure if there is something that I am missing or if I inadvertently stumbled upon a bug. Thanks

Edit:  I should also mention that setting a custom command line that is hard linked to where the correct cue file would be in the 7-zip Temp folder inside the Launchbox folder (after decompression) still doesn't work either.  Is the custom command line ignored if the option is set to extract rom archives before running? If I drop the same command line into a windows command prompt window it runs perfectly and loads the correct cue. So I know everything works externally, but I'm 0 for 2 in getting this working withing Launchbox.

Edited by Fenn

This isn't a bug, the archive decompression just needs a bit of updating. In the mean time, there is a very easy work around. Any multi disc game needs to be separated, but import the cues and let LaunchBox do it's thing in merging the entries (this is new). Now when you right click a game you can see the multiple discs. When you get to the part that needs to have a disc swapped, use the save state function here, close down RA, load up the second disc, and use the load state function. This should work. I've done this many times on several different emulators (including RA, but not specifically for Sega CD), so it should work.