LaunchBox Community Forums

No XML when exporting to zip-package

Fuscan

You can just copy the LaunchBox folder to a different PC if needed, as long as the paths are still the same. If you are using absolute paths, the easiest method is re-importing games and downloading no media. Media should be using relative paths, so it doesn't matter what drive they are on. Relative paths look like this "../LaunchBox/../". If users were to move stuff to a new drive, I would tell them to use Notepad++ to change the driver letter in the LaunchBox.xml, but as we no longer use that (It's split up in the Data folder), it's a tad harder. It's still easy to open them up and change the paths to the games. One user told me he was able to open them all up in Notepad++ (it uses tabs) and they were able to replace all in every xml that was open. If the data folder did not get moved over, then this process is broken. So it's easily fixed with a few methods, and as long as everything you had in LaunchBox (roms and emulators) we're on the same drive, then it uses Relative paths and you should just be able to move everything to a new drive or PC and have it work right away.

If you need help in figuring out what, or need some deeper explanations on the methods then just let me know.