LaunchBox Community Forums

Importing Media Box Covers for Games With Multiple Disks

5200fanatic

So, I've just gone though and added my Amiga games, and have FS-UAE as the emulator running fairly well. When I imported the boxes from Lunchbox/Emumovies, I noticed that only disk 1 of multi disk games would download the media. Is there a way I can get the boxcovers on all of the related disks? I'm not useing folders for each game - is that the answer? Thanks!

So there is a naming convention that is generally followed, where various "Disc 1", "Disk 2", and so on will automatically merge. So if it's named properly, Road Rash (Disc 1), Road Rash (Disc 2), this should be merged in to the same game entry anyways. It automatically places the extra portions of a game in the Additional Apps section, which you access by right clicking a game. Chances are, your names are off so it wont scrape metadata properly? If something is outside of brackets or parenthesis that is not apart of the games title, it will throw off scraping. Anything inside of them is ignored, except for region parsing and multi part parsing. Generally, No-Intro sets are the standard we love the most, as it's the most straight to the point packs, without much clutter, and the quality of rips is generally really good (at least if you stay current on the packs). Other packs will work as well with the merging, like TOSEC and Good Sets, but they both include a ton of extra stuff that the user would need to go through. I generally go for No-Intro sets, then TOSEC where No-Intro doesn't cover.

So that is exactly why. I am surprised even the first game was found on the database. The database needs whole names for it to work properly. So I would say to try and grab No-Intro sets (to save you from having to rename all of your games), and try from there. If you don't have many to fix, then you could rename a few, but any more than a couple and it might just be easier to grab a whole pack.