LaunchBox Community Forums

Possible to use random gameplay clips for platform theme video?

andy_d

35 minutes ago, CTRL-ALT-DEFEAT said:

Yep, there is a setting in Big Box that will allow gameplay clips from games in that platform category to be shown in the Platform view. It's how mine is setup for the platforms I don't have theme videos for.

Thanks!   I disabled the platform background videos option under videos but now it just shows images?

Not at home at the moment, so I'll have to check later this afternoon for the specific video settings I use. I'll chime back in later today if someone else hasn't already or if you don't figure it out before then. Pretty sure you need to keep the setting you disabled, on though.

Edited by CTRL-ALT-DEFEAT

22 minutes ago, CTRL-ALT-DEFEAT said:

Not at home at the moment, so I'll have to check later this afternoon for the specific video settings I use. I'll chime back in later today if someone else hasn't already or if you don't figure it out before then. Pretty sure you need to keep the setting you disabled, on though.

Ok appreciate it!

Probably the particular view you are using in the theme. Every theme supports multiple view options for Platforms and Games. You can set a keyboard key or controller button to being able to switch the current viewing mode. Go into Options -> Controller Buttons and then map a button on your controller to "Switch View". If you prefer using a keyboard, just do the same thing under "Keyboard Mappings". I use the Options button on my PS4 controller for this. After that, go back to your Platform list and cycle through the options by pressing that button until you see one playing a background video.