LaunchBox Community Forums

Big Box stuck on platform screen (SOLVED)

8Phantasm

I started with a clean install of LaunchBox and added a few Wii U games. Problem is when I try to go into BigBox mode, it is just stuck on the first platform screen. If I select Wii U, I hear the sound but nothing happens. Same with "escape". Then all I can do is close bigbox from the task manager. Any ideas? Thanks

EDIT: It works fine in Desktop Mode, by the way.

Untitled-1.jpg

Edited by 8Phantasm

I have same problem. Someone suggested changing program permission to admin but that did not work.

Previous version of Launchbox had no issues for me with Big Box mode which worked fine before updating. I also have tried doing a clean install of LB 7.5 thinking that might fix problem but no such luck.

Edited by rodan1967
more info

Ok solved issue on my pc. After updating to LB 7.5 the License Registration info seems to have gotten hosed even though the License.xml is in the Launchbox directory. Load the desktop mode and goto About > License Registration and select your License.xml in your Launchbox directory. Now it should not hang when launching Big Box Mode

Thanks for the replies. I tried re-selecting the license xml on my desktop PC but it did not work, unfortunately. Running Big Box as administrator doesn't work either. Not sure what the problem is as my other Launchbox install for NES works fine after updating to 7.5. I did not try re-downloading a fresh Launchbox from the site, though. Could be the clean install I am using has gotten borked over multiple updates. I'll report back if it works, but you said you tried that I think.

Edited by 8Phantasm