LaunchBox Community Forums

Colecovision Launchbox Torrent - Beta

hubz

Hey all,

I'm beginning to work on getting as much metadata as well as images and videos for various systems and packaging them in torrents for easy redistribution. Down the road myself or someone else could work on uploading it to the Database to make it official content if it is good enough. I'd like to work with others on this as well for other systems. Anyhow here is my beta for the Colecovision. It has box scans, manuals, screenshots, as well as metadata. I'm sure some of it is not perfect, that's where I'd like others to come in and find better quality images if they exist as well as better metadata.

If you want matching roms for this they are posted on the AtariAge forum, you can look for them there under the CV ROM Project Update. Most the homebrew roms are located at http://cvaddict.com/

Anyhow here is a link to the torrent, please let me know what you think. Thanks!

http://www.gamingalexandria.com/torrents/Launchbox - Colecovision Complete.torrent

- Hubz

Hubz and I have been talking about this. Originally I stumbled across their website and wanted us to be able to use it for our Database, there's a tremendous amount of good stuff in there, and now we're getting pre-packaged Torrents! So all your Database nuts out there (there are a few of you who LOVE to upload stuff), please feel free to start using the metadata and media where the Database needs it. Like Hubz said, hopefully we'll get other systems that are lacking in the mean time.

Any general user can use the package too, just drop the appropriate images in to your ../LaunchBox/Images/<Instert Console>/ folders. Refresh your cache or restart LB, and as long as the images are in the right location, match the game name in LaunchBox or your rom file, you are good to go. Obviously, we would love it all up in the end, but in the mean time, there ya go!