LaunchBox Community Forums

launchbox New Install unable to launch ROMS

RHD

Hello Folks,

I am a brand new user.  I have installed LB 7.7 on a brand new Intel NUC running WIN10. I have added Mame 64b as my emulator and I have downloaded and imported five ROMS. Upon the attempted launch of any of the 5 ROMS the screen bblanks, I see a flash of the word Initializing (very fast) then back to my launch Arcade window.  That's all I get and I have no where to go from here.

Any suggestions?

Thank you,

RHD

It sounds like you're missing pre-reqruisites. MAME Is much more complicated than grabbing a few roms. Sure, that can work sometimes, but it's the hardest. Check to see if your roms have any parent roms or BIOS that are required. The easiest method would be to grab MAME .181 and a MAME .181 Split Rom Set, or MAME .182 and a MAME .182 non-merged rom set. In the sets are all the required parent and child roms, and all the required BIOS. With the MAME Importer, LaunchBox will import only the games you want based on your preferences. A split set will be fine from MAME .174 to MAME .181, but you want the latest for more games and more features. .182 split seems to be broken, so a non-merged set is best for compatability. Merged sets do not work as intended in LaunchBox, so ignore these all together if you want them easily imported. For extra help, check out the MAME Tutorial. It's a bit older, so replace the version numbers in this tutorial with the ones you want, and ignore the extra program as it's out of date in that video and completely different now. Otherwise, it's still completely valid.