LaunchBox Community Forums

Automatically avoid downloading certain images

techjunkie

I'm not a fan of fanart or clear logos. Is there any method to have these automatically unchecked in both Download Images/Media and in Download Metadata and Media? It would be nice if LaunchBox remembered my selections in these screens or had a configuration screen in Options.

Also, it would be nice if Clean Up Images allowed me to select image types I no longer want. I found I can remove images types I don't want by deleting the associated folders, which I'll script.

Edited by techjunkie

Both are valid requests, but no way to do either currently. You'll have to uncheck those each time you want to grab media currently. If you want to request these in seperate tickets though, click Issues/Requests at the top. Make a quick search to see if either have been requested before first, and vote on those tickets if they have. If they don't exist, feel free to request them. I know the Clean Up Images one has been requested to be overhauled, like also including manuals, music and video, but it removing an entire image type hasn't.

To be fair, you can delete them very easily if you'd like, since Clean Up Images is mostly tailored for removing images no longer associated with any games and you would want to remove an entire image type all together. If you go in to ../LaunchBox/Images/<Insert Platform Name>/, you'll come to a list of folders labeled by their image type. You can delete the folders you're not interested in. Restart LaunchBox or delete them with LaunchBox closed and that should be it. Keep in mind, Clear Logo's do serve a big function in Big Box, but if you don't use those views or don't use Big Box at all, then they're not that important.

I actually put in a ticket last year for a feature that would allow us to have our own "preset" preferences for when we import games. 

I tend to do mine one at a time even when importing batches, and would love to be able to set the import preferences how I like them, and then forget about it forever.