LaunchBox Community Forums

Weird behaviour from mounts tab for DOSBox configs

Staticblast

So I decided to switch some DOS games' discs to the mounts tab so I didn't have to swap the disc in Daemon Tools each time. Suddenly some games would fail to recognise the CD as inserted until after a retry.

When I made one game that runs directly from the CD do this, I found out why: the imgmount command provided by the mounts tab seems to get executed AFTER all commands configured in the autoexec section (screenshots attached).

Is there a way to force the mounts tab to carry out its commands BEFORE the autoexec section?

Autoexec.png

DOSBox.png

Mounts.png

Rats. I was hoping that wasn't the case. It makes the mounts tab far less useful. I don't suppose there's a way for it to be coded so that it injects the mounts tab's contents into the autoexec at the top? It would make it far more useful, especially since right now you can't use commands in the autoexec that rely on devices added in the mounts tab.

I'll be doing it via the autoexec (since that's just a view into the conf file anyway), but it means the mounts tab is mostly pointless.

If you're referring to the hard drive, that's just because I was mass-copying the DOSBox configs when I moved my old DOSBox setup into launchbox. Was quicker.