LaunchBox Community Forums

Making a "background view" toggle.

DjBlades

Heyo everyone. I've got little to no experience in XAML, other than tweaking the text in existing themes and seeing what changes. I've been trying to set up a view designed to give more focus on the backgrounds that I can toggle to in the menus. I've already got the toggle part down with the Switch View bind, but it's the design of the view I'm having problems with. Ideally I want a big view of the background, with the game's covers scrolling horizontally at the bottom, but at a very small size. I tried it with the ModernMini theme, but my attempts didn't work that well

ggfH7dk.jpg

The "Recent Games" section at the bottom of the default Platform view would be perfect, and I considered cannibalizing it and inserting the code into another theme, but I couldn't find where it was kept.

COkDLZO.jpg

Could anyone give some tips on how I could accomplish a view like this? I'm aware of the View Images bind, but I'd prefer to be able to scroll my games at the same time.