LaunchBox Community Forums

Looking to trade or buy Core i7 LGA1155 Processor

I currently have a Core i5-3470 @ 3.2GHz and I'm not crazy wealthy, so I wanted to see if anyone has an older computer with an i7 that fits an LGA1155 socket. I was looking at the Intel Core i7-2600K @ 3.4GHz, it's on Amazon for ~$300, I can find it on eBay at around $100, but I wanted to see if anyone in this community would potentially be able to make a deal with me. I have a lot of XBOX 360 games, PS2 games, some USB to PS1/2/N64/GameCube adapters. Or even if you're just generous to offer me a better price than what I've been able to find online, I'd greatly appreciate it. 

I've done some of the art uploads here, so maybe I could create some artwork for your launchbox library? I'm ok at photoshop (still learning), I've gotten really good at GIMP, and I've also done a lot of work in Blender 3D, so maybe I could do a 3D model for you? Anyway, I just wanted to reach out and see what my luck would be like. Not really expecting anything, but it would be fantastic otherwise. I wouldn't be able to buy anything until next month anyway. I also have a Brookstone Giftcard for $25, and a Newegg Giftcard for $10. If any of those would be of interest to you. I have some other things (Books, DVDs, Pop Vinyl figures, Dorbz) that you might like?

• 5 years later...

Hey there! I have two lga1155 CPUs. I have an i7-3770, which performs a little better than the 2600k you mentioned in your post, and an i5-2400 which is ~15% worse than the 2600k. I would be willing to sell both. However, shipping would affect the cost. Are you US based? If so, I could sell you the 3770 for $70 + shipping and the 2400 for $50 + shipping. Both have been used for light emulation and gaming, and have no bent pins. 

Edit: I just realized you posted this 5 years ago lol

Edited by EvantheGrump
Reason mentioned in post

• 1 month later...