LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox Games Database Matcher

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/2/2017 at 8:06 AM, massatomic said:

+1 for the window re-sizeing!

On 8/2/2017 at 6:04 AM, greengeek said:

I have been doing the manual updates with this tool and it is working great! 

Just a few suggestions.

1.  I can resize the main window, but the content with the scroll bar does not grow to match the window size.  Would be nice to be able to resize the window and have the game selection area grow to the window size.

2.   The app shows the bios rom files that I have marked hidden.  Could the app honor the hide rule and not display the hidden files?

3.  This is more of a question.  After I have matched some games to the database, does the database matcher update all the missing fields to match what it found besides the database ID?  Can it also download the additional images that the database has that might be missing?

Added a new update.

Windows is not able to be resized, and it will not show hidden games.

At the moment the database matcher only links them to the correct Games Database Id. to populate the metadata you would need to update metadata and images for the platform and select do not replace any existing fields. Launchbox will download all missing information. I will put a messagebox about this in the next build, I could probably download the information but I dont want to confuse launchbox with what was downloaded from the games database.

• 6 months later...

Downloaded your tool, used it, and the LaunchBox Id feature works great.  I believe EmuMovies data is parsed by name.  Your tool does not change the names of the games automatically, so the EmuMovies search fails without manual intervention after the match.  It would be great if you could add the option to change game names after matching.  Maybe I'm doing something wrong, though?

• 9 months later...