LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox Scraper extremely slow.

DarkMain

For the last month or so I have only been able to DL metadata from the Launchbox database at speeds that vary from less than 1Mbit/s to 4Mbit/s. This results in incredibly long download times for whats effectively small amounts of data. For example, I'm currently downloading the front box images for my N64 games. I'm about half way through and its taken over 2 hours to download 288MB.
There are no speed problems when access files from the forums.

Some digging around shows that the forums and GameDB are hosted using the same provider (Versaweb) but are located on different servers.

I'm located in New Zealand and have a connection speed of around 25Mbit/s. A speed test to Las Vegas (That's where the LB Database is right?) shows a connection speed of around 18Mbit/s. So connection speeds to the US are fine, connection speeds to the forum server are fine... its just the GamesDB.

Is there a mirror or another way to access the GameDB or am I just going to have to suck it up and let my computer download for a week or two?

As a side note, emuMovies is even slower, however that is definitely a connection issue with the Netherlands where their server is located so using them is pretty much out of the question.