LaunchBox Community Forums

Back-up your LaunchBox setup with FastCopy

natemac00

https://ipmsg.org/tools/fastcopy.html.en

I just wanted to pass along this info to see if it can help any other users. I was looking for a backup solution for my LaunchBox setup as I keep everything on an external USB 3.0 HD and carry it around and worried it might get knocked or corrupted.

I came across FastCopy and it's the easiest solution I've found for backing up my setup. It's a small lightweight program that allows for verify Disc to disc copy but also a Sync option.

Once you've made your original back-up, there-after you can use the Sync feature and it will Copy & Delete files from the Source drive to the Destination drive, so it will not only move new files over but remove unneeded files as well.
This also doesn't need to be from drive to drive, you could do an entire drive to a folder on a large NAS.

Anyway, I had been looking for a solution and wanted to share, hopefully this will help out someone else as well.

Screen Shot 2017-08-31 at 9.38.37 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2017-08-31 at 9.39.23 AM.jpg

• Like 1