LaunchBox Community Forums

Compressing Files down, PSP ISOs

zetec-s-joe

Just trimming through my collection and deciding to steer away from having ROMs/ISOs in compressed files such as 7z due to now liking the instant load times of Raw game files, I have come to the point where I want to trim on space where I can to be most efficiant..

This leads me to my PSP collection (USA Complete Set, 690 odd games, PAL/JAP Removed)

This collection comes in at 595GB, and all files are original 1:1 ISO format with all dummy data intact AFAIK

I read up that the .cso format at max compression level 9 will have no effect on games on a pc running PPSSPP and wil save ALOT of data, I found this to be true,

Alien Syndrome.iso = 471MB
Alien Syndrome.cso (Level 9) = 314MB

But I also found if you run it through UMDGen first to optimize the raw iso by removing padding and firmware uprages then converting to .cso it comes down to

Alien Syndrome.cso (Level 9 + Optimized with UMDGen) = 293MB

My question is, do I really have to sit and go through 700 games just for the perfection of best compressed set? also What do people do regarding other sets? THoughts please guys :)