LaunchBox Community Forums

Question about regions

OKTrashPanda

Hay guyz

For images and alt titles that belong to multiple regions, what tag should we use?  For example, most SMS games had the same cover art in North America and Europe, but had different covers in Brazil and Japan.  Should we use the World region for this?  I was under the impression that this region was meant for arcade games that had a "World" variant.  Leaving the region blank doesn't work because then it just won't show up if any images of the same category have a region.

This gets even worse in the modern, digital distribution era, where EVERYTHING is the world release.  Valiant Hearts/Soldats Inconnus is a perfect example.  Both titles are valid in every region.  It's the same game but one is in English and one is in French.  They have different banners, title screens, logos and titles but they're both technically from the same region.  Which variations should go under which region?  I might be overcomplicating things but I want to both make sure and get other people's thoughts.