LaunchBox Community Forums

Xlink Kai and creating a shortcut or link to specific game arena

Chadmando

Hello, I have posted this question in the  Xlink Kai forums, and I haven't gotten a response yet. I have recently been playing some Playstation 2 games via BigBox and I found out that people have been playing my favorite game of all time (SOCOM II) online for quite some time now through emulation. The way it is set up is using the program Xlink Kai and playing online through the "lan" (you can play against others who are playing on console as well).

In order to play a game online I have to launch Xlink Kai, browse to the specified game "arena" (server) and then launch the emulator + game. This is good and all but it requires far too many steps and defeats the purpose for using Bigbox.

Does anyone know of a way (if possible) to create a shortcut that will launch xlink Kai and load up the selected server at the same time? This way in the game settings within launchbox I can choose to launch that shortcut with the game. Thus seamlessly play online with others.

I am imaging a shortcut with a target similar to something like "C:\Program Files\XLink Kai\kaiEngine.exe" --server Arena/Playstation 2/SOCOM II/SOCOM II NTSC

Or perhaps there is another way of accomplishing this goal?