LaunchBox Community Forums

Game manual viewing

birdneck

On 5/4/2020 at 3:01 PM, Retro808 said:

You would need to activate pause themes. But all pause themes that are created have that menu option. There is a global setting in both LB and BB. Then you can also turn it on or off per emulator from the manage emulator options. Some emulators may need a setting tweak to get it to work properly.

Screen Shot 2020-05-04 at 2.58.53 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-05-04 at 2.59.10 PM.png

So good news and bad news. It works, but it won't stick, at least not for what I'm trying to use it for. I'm confident it will work fine continuously for MAME, but I'm trying to use it for Visual Pinball X. I can turn it on and usually get it to work once upon starting the emulator/games, but after closing LB/BB completely and trying to go back in and use that functionality again, it doesn't work. All settings are remaining on. I've also tried turning on/off the additional options for forcing the pause screen and suspending the emulator. I've tried all the various combinations with those options. Nothing is sticking long term. Any suggestions?

EM1.JPG

EM2.JPG

You would need to activate pause themes. But all pause themes that are created have that menu option. There is a global setting in both LB and BB. Then you can also turn it on or off per emulator from the manage emulator options. Some emulators may need a setting tweak to get it to work properly.

Following up on my previous post, I've realized something. The pause feature works fine if I start the game from Launchbox, but the pause feature won't work if I launch the game from Big Box. I've tried switching the 3 options around numerous ways already. Any suggestions?

I made progress! I needed to map the P key in Big Box under keyboard mapping. However, now that it's working, I have another small problem. After pausing, when I try to resume the game, the VPX emulator screen pops up in the foreground. I have to alt tab to get by it. See attached video. Any suggestions?

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/4/2020 at 3:39 PM, ItchyRobot said:

Here is an example. It is how I have it set up for a handful of fighting games and games with convoluted controls that are hard to remember ... using a pause theme to show controls and the Manuals folder to house my moves list.

'Colorful' BigBox theme

'Game Controls' pause theme

Hey bro, I love this.  Please, Launchbox, please!!  We need Game Pro/ Nintendo Power magazines embedded, too!