LaunchBox Community Forums

using LB with a laptop HDMI to Jamma or PC ultimarc to jpac?

kensanity

I bought Launchbox back in January and had set aside the emulation and preferences on my laptop. My long term goal was to put that laptop into a candy cabinet that I had purchased for cheap.

Initially, I assumed that I could install launchbox on the laptop, stick it in the bottom there, and somehow go from the laptops HDMI port to the authentic monitor inside the cabinet. Would launchbox support this and how do I connect the laptop to the Jamma harness in here?

The other option would be to take an old pc, buy an ultimarc video card and a jpac, and then use that to connect to the monitor. This route is a bit more pricey as I don't have a cheap PC lying around. Can someone help me with option 1? (using my existing laptop and connecting it to this authentic monitor). Do I need to download softkhz15 or whatever its called or does Launchbox automatically control framerate on its own?