LaunchBox Community Forums

EmuMovies Sonic Music fixes

zefie

I'm not sure where to put this, nor how to submit the fixes to EmuMovies, so I figured I would post it here. Anyone who knows how to submit to EmuMovies is welcome to upload these if you see fit, all I care about is fixing it in LaunchBox.

Info:

If you have any Sonic the Hedgehog ROMs for Megadrive/Genesis, use EmuMovies, and LaunchBox downloaded their Music data, you'll know what I mean when I say it sounds like crap.

I do recall a time as a kid when it was hard to reproduce the proper FM synth from the Genesis, and sadly the media on EmuMovies was captured from such a renderer.

I took some vgz files and ran them through foobar2000, verified it didn't sound like total crap, and exported them to wav.
Then I merged them together in the same fashion as the EmuMovies clips. Mine may have a little extra length due to fade outs, but its generally the same.

I hope this helps someone, and isn't against any rules.

Files:

https://files.persona.cc/zefie/media/Audio/EmuMovies/Megadrive/

Lossless folder contains flac of the 44100hz Stereo wav files
emumovies.mp3 files are what is on emumovies at the time of this post, for comparison

Edited by zefie
accidentally submitted too early
  • Thanks 1