LaunchBox Community Forums

How Can I Delete files not in database?

Sniffles

Hello. I am using Windows 10 and LaunchBox Premium 8.2.

I had many files in a single directory and imported them into LaunchBox while moving them into the LaunchBox folder. I thought deleted files as I removed them from LaunchBox but apparently I did not delete them.

Now the LaunchBox library for this platform has the files I want inside of it however the directory has thousands of files that I thought were deleted.

Is there a plugin or some way to keep only the files inside the library for that platform and delete all the other thousands of files in the directory where the files in the library reside?

In other words, the ideal solution might be the ability to select a menu option that deletes all files from directories that are not in the library ( for imported games for example). The directory where the media is, ( which has been imported into the library) has a lot of other files in it that I want to delete, I only want to keep files that are in the library at the moment and remove all other files in the directory where the imported media is. Does anyone know how I can do this without doing it manually?

The files I have in question are zip files with no other loose files or dependencies. Removing all files that were not in the database from the games directories would not cause anything to malfunction.

Edited by Sniffles