LaunchBox Community Forums
mannyi31

Edit binary path for DOSBox

Is there a way to have LaunBox open a different binary for dosbox? I want to open DOSBox+xBRZ.exe instead of DOSBox.exe when using DOS games. DOSBox+xBRZ.exe itself will open DOSBox.exe so I cant just rename it.

Just add the "DOSBox+xBRZ.exe" version as a new emulator and put the dosbox.conf as the rom on the Launcher tab.

@erebus44 I tried what you suggested and I ended up with DOSBox opening and telling me the conf file is not a valid runtime file.

In the past I had individual batch files for different DOS games that called DOSBox with the pointer to their conf file before I migrated the way I launched all my DOS games to Launchbox. I was hoping I could configure Launchbox to point to the xBRZ launcher to open DOSBox and avoid configuring all my DOS game individually again with batch files.

Edited by mannyi31

51 minutes ago, mannyi31 said:

@erebus44 I tried what you suggested and I ended up with DOSBox opening and telling me the conf file is not a valid runtime file.

In the past I had individual batch files for different DOS games that called DOSBox with the pointer to their conf file before I migrated the way I launched all my DOS games to Launchbox. I was hoping I could configure Launchbox to point to the xBRZ launcher to open DOSBox and avoid configuring all my DOS game individually again with batch files.

It may be a setting error. Here is how I have mine set up.

Untitled-1.jpg