LaunchBox Community Forums

Edit binary path for DOSBox

mannyi31

@erebus44 I tried what you suggested and I ended up with DOSBox opening and telling me the conf file is not a valid runtime file.

In the past I had individual batch files for different DOS games that called DOSBox with the pointer to their conf file before I migrated the way I launched all my DOS games to Launchbox. I was hoping I could configure Launchbox to point to the xBRZ launcher to open DOSBox and avoid configuring all my DOS game individually again with batch files.

Edited by mannyi31

51 minutes ago, mannyi31 said:

@erebus44 I tried what you suggested and I ended up with DOSBox opening and telling me the conf file is not a valid runtime file.

In the past I had individual batch files for different DOS games that called DOSBox with the pointer to their conf file before I migrated the way I launched all my DOS games to Launchbox. I was hoping I could configure Launchbox to point to the xBRZ launcher to open DOSBox and avoid configuring all my DOS game individually again with batch files.

It may be a setting error. Here is how I have mine set up.

Untitled-1.jpg

• 5 months later...

thanks, that worked and i can use other DosBox versions aside from the default DosBox by LaunchBox.

but i could not run the setup/setsound.exe for the Dos game with my added Emulator (DosBox ECE), it just launches the game exe? even though i added setup.exe under Additonal Apps and point it to use Emulator (DosBox ECE).

ticking the default DosBox works however. the console shows that it still only launches the game .exe file instead of setup.exe.

On 2/22/2019 at 4:41 AM, svfn said:

thanks, that worked and i can use other DosBox versions aside from the default DosBox by LaunchBox.

but i could not run the setup/setsound.exe for the Dos game with my added Emulator (DosBox ECE), it just launches the game exe? even though i added setup.exe under Additonal Apps and point it to use Emulator (DosBox ECE).

ticking the default DosBox works however. the console shows that it still only launches the game .exe file instead of setup.exe.

It has been a while since I messed with dosbox stuff, but if I am remembering correctly I made 2 .conf files. One for the game and one for the setup files. They were exactly the same except for the .exe file. I have never tried to do it the way you described.