LaunchBox Community Forums

NEOGEO AES/MVS Config

launcherbox

Hi folks

Windows 10

Latest LB

RA 1.7.3

I've set up Neo Geo MVS and Neo Geo AES as platforms (I know the differences are minor, but hey), and have imported games for each platform. I'm using the fbalpha2012_neogeo core to handle the running of games on both platforms.  The problem I'm having is that within the core options using the GUI, I can change the Neo Geo system to either be AES, or MVS. It saves this setting in the retroarch-core-options.cfg file as "fbalpha2012_neogeo_neogeo_mode = "MVS", or "fbalpha2012_neogeo_neogeo_mode = "AES" depending on how I set it using the GUI. However, I'm unable to affect this setting using an --appendconfig, or a core override. No matter what I do, RA will pull the setting from core-options.cfg, meaning I've to manually change the system using the GUI every time.

Is there any way anyone can think of to specify an append or override here, so I can have AES and MVS based on directed setting, rather than a manual switch each time?